Good to know: An IP range/subnet can only be controlled through the Cogeco Wi-Fi app for Residential customers using a F@st 3896 modem or Adtran SDG 854-v6 router. If you’re a Business client, or a Residential customer with a different modem, you would need to set it up directly through the modem’s settings.
An IP range, or LAN IP subnet, sets a specific range of IP addresses for your network to use. See below for instructions on setting this up.
Setting up LAN IP subnet
- From the Cogeco Wi-Fi app home screen, scroll down to the Adapt section and select the settings icon.
- Select Advanced settings.
- Select LAN IP Subnet.
- Select the desired IP subnet.
- Enter the desired range.
- Select Update or Save.
Note: Only private IPV4 ranges are possible. This includes:
- 10.0.0.x to 10.255.255.x
- 172.16.0.x to 172.31.255.x
- 192.168.0.x to 192.168.255.x