Depending on where you live, your area might have overhead cables running to each building, or it might have underground cables. If there's a problem with an overhead cable, we can usually repair or replace it right away, but if there's a problem with an underground cable, we need permission from local utilities to do any digging, so it may be necessary to run a temporary line until the repairs can be made safely.
When we run a temporary line, we'll come back to replace it and complete the underground work as soon as possible.
When will the line be buried?
- Burial work can only be done when the ground is thawed (typically, line burial season goes from April 1st to October 31st).
- All work orders are prioritized based on submission date.
- We'll also provide an estimate when a temporary line is placed:
- In Quebec, the technician will provide an estimate when setting up the temporary line.
- In Ontario, you'll receive the details in an email once your burial work order has been assessed. If there are any changes, such as additional work required, we'll notify you again with an update.
Good to know: If this time has elapsed and your line has not yet been completed, you can email our burial team directly at email@example.com for more information (Ontario-only).
What you need to know about our line burial process
- We don’t need access to your home or business to perform the burial.
- Our burial crew may require access to your neighbour’s property. If this is the case, we'll request access once on site.
- We'll need to have the locations of utility lines marked, but we'll contact the local utility companies to make arrangements.
- We'll also notify you when the work has been completed:
- In Quebec, we'll leave a door tag with a toll free number that you can call if you have any concerns.
- In Ontario, we'll notify you by email.
- The cable line will be buried less than a foot under the ground, unless there's an existing conduit run on the property.
- Note: It may be your responsibility to replace any damaged conduit, but you'll be advised if this is required.
- Our burial repair crew will ensure your landscaping is restored to its original condition.
What if there's a problem with the temporary line?
If the temporary cable line is posing a safety issue, has not been removed, or has been damaged, please contact our Technical Support team.