With People Profiles, you can assign specific devices to users in your home so that you can see when they are at home, or adjust the settings on multiple devices at the same time.
Adding a Profile
- Tap on the People icon at the bottom of the Home screen.
- Select New person.
- Enter a name for the profile.
- Tap on the Profile Picture to take a new picture or select one from your library.
- Tap on devices from the assigned devices list to assign them.
- Tap on assign primary device to set the Primary Device for the profile, which will be used to indicate when the user is home.
Assigning Devices to a Profile
There are two ways to assign devices after the profile has been created:
- From People Profiles page, tap the three dots next to the profile name and select Edit assigned devices.
- From the individual device's settings (accessible from the Adapt tab), tap the three dots at the top right and select Assign device to person.
Good to know: You will not be able to assign a device to a profile if the device has MAC Randomization enabled. This feature randomizes the MAC when it first connects to the network (available on Android 10 and up), or every 24 hours (available on iOS 14 and up). To assign the device, you will need to disable MAC Randomization, forget the network, then reconnect. The device should show up as assignable within 10 minutes.
Setting Guard Features
Tap on a profile to view Guard options. From here you can enable or disable Online protection, Content access and Adblocking features for all devices assigned to the profile, as well as Manage security events. For more information on these features, refer to our article on using Guard to protect your network.
Setting a Time Out
Pressing the pause button next to the profile name will disable the Internet on all assigned devices for 15 or 30 minutes.
Good to know: If you would like to schedule a Time Out for a specific time, this can only be done on an individual device. Tap on the device and select Schedule Internet Freeze for options.
Once you have assigned Primary Devices to people in your home, you can also receive notifications when those people leave or return home.
- From the Home screen, select the Menu button.
- Open the More tab.
- Select People Notifications to toggle the feature on.
- When enabled, you will see a list of People Profiles. Tap on a profile to enable notifications (a green checkmark will appear).
Good to know:
- Since this feature uses the person's Primary Device device connection to the network to determine if they are at home, it will show them as having left if the device is powered down or its Wi-Fi is disconnected.
If you have Sense Alerts set up to be sent only when away (Smart Activation), those alerts will be sent 15 minutes after the last person with an assigned device disconnects from your network.