The remote control is universal, which means you can program it to operate your TV, DVD player, or other components. The ability to operate other components with a universal remote may vary depending on your equipment.
Before getting started: This article covers the remote used with a Digital TV receiver or DVR. For other services, please refer to our articles on programming your TiVo remote or programming your EPICO remote.
Here are 3 ways to find the codes to program your remote:
With your remote guide
Usually, the remote comes with a programming guide that includes instructions on programming the remote along with specific codes for each device manufacturer.
Finding the code online
If you don't have your remote guide, you can obtain instructions and access codes from the URC Support site.
- Select your remote.
- Scroll down to the Setup section.
- Search for your device manufacturer in the CodeFinder.
- Follow the Setup Instructions to program your remote using the code.
Performing an automatic code search
Even without the remote guide, you can perform an automatic code search with the remote to find the correct code:
- Press TV once (or the desired device).
- Press and hold SETUP until the TV button blinks twice.
- Enter 9-9-1: the TV button will blink twice.
- Press CH+ repeatedly until the device turns off.
- Press SETUP once and release, the TV button should blink twice.