The Cogeco Business Wi-Fi app separates your network into 3 different zones, each with a different level of security:
- Secure Wi-Fi zone - This is the most secure zone, used for devices that need to be separate from the rest of the system, such as security cameras. Ethernet-connected devices are added to this zone automatically.
- Employee Wi-Fi zone - This is the zone your employees’ devices connect to, giving them access to the Internet and local devices, such as printers. This zone has a custom password associated with it, for you to provide to employees.
- Guest Wi-Fi zone - This zone can be provided to your guests for access to the Internet only. Users accessing this zone don’t require a password by default and are directed to a customizable landing page.
Good to know: The Secure Wi-Fi zone and Employee Wi-Fi zone cannot have the same password.
Modifying zone names and passwords
- Select the settings icon from the top right of the home screen.
- Select the zone you want to modify.
- To change the network name, select the pencil icon next to it.
- To change the password, select the options icon next to it and select Edit. You can also select Copy to add it to your clipboard for sharing.
Good to know: The Guest Wi-Fi Zone has no password by default, but you can add one through the guest portal settings. Here’s how:
- Select Settings from the home screen.
- Select Guest Wi-Fi.
- Select Set up guest login portal.
- Select the Login options tab.
- Tap the toggle switch next to Connect with Passcode.
- Select the pencil icon to set a password.
- Select Publish.
Limiting network access for new devices
With this option enabled, new devices connecting to the network will be limited to Internet access only until they are approved by the network administrator. This is recommended for the best Wi-Fi security. Learn more about approving new devices.