Closed captioning (CC) is a free service that displays a transcript of the program's audio on the screen.
- If you have an HD receiver, you can activate it through the receiver settings.
- If you have an SD receiver, you can activate it through your TV.
Good to know: Closed captioning is not available for all programs. However, when this function is available, the CC icon usually appears at the start of the program.
Activating CC through your receiver
If you have an HD receiver, you can activate Closed Captioning in the Optimization Menu:
- Power off the receiver.
- Press Menu/Settings.
- Change Closed Captions to "ON" or "ENABLED".
- Press Power again to save the changes and close the menu.
Activating CC through your TV
If you have an SD receiver, Closed Captioning is controlled by your TV.
- Check your TV remote for a button such as CC, CAP, CAPT, Text, or Language.
- Check the TV menu for a "Text" or "Caption" section.
- For more information, please refer to your TV manual or contact the manufacturer.