If you’ve received a new remote, you’ll need to pair it with your EPICO 4K Box to enable the Google Assistant feature. This will also make the remote more responsive.
- If the LED at the top of the remote doesn’t flash when you press a button, the batteries may need to be replaced.
- If the LED flashes but the EPICO 4K Box still doesn’t respond, press and hold the 7 and 9 buttons on the remote until the remote LED blinks. You’ll need to point the remote at the EPICO box for it to respond until the remote is paired again.
Step 1: Unpair your remote
Before pairing your new remote, you’ll need to make sure the old one is unpaired. This is also helpful when troubleshooting your remote to make sure it’s paired properly.
- Select Settings ⚙.
- Select Android TV Settings.
- Select Remotes & accessories.
- Select your Cogeco remote on the right and then select Unpair.
- If you don’t see a Cogeco remote listed, move on to the next section.
Step 2: Pair your remote
- Return to Remotes & accessories. When selected, it will start searching for accessories.
- Note: If you don’t see the “Searching for accessories” screen, select Add accessory.
- Press and hold the 2 and OK buttons on the remote until the LED blinks.
- When your remote appears at the top-right of the screen, press OK to complete the pairing.
- If you also want to pair your remote with your TV to control functions like power, volume and input, go back to Remotes & accessories and select your remote to set up TV/AVR Control. Learn more about pairing your EPICO remote with your TV.