Wi-Fi is an indispensable tool for many businesses. It allows your employees to quickly communicate and collaborate, while also enhancing your customer experience. However, when it comes to protecting your business, you’ll need proper network security procedures in place to defend against cyber attacks. That’s why our Managed Wi-Fi service has multiple security measures that help keep your workplace safe.
Managed Wi-Fi has you covered
We use enterprise-grade equipment that has advanced mitigation capabilities, providing your business with secure and reliable connectivity thanks to:
- A built-in firewall that provides greater control over the kind of data being accessed through your network.
- Traffic from the Internet is restricted, preventing attackers from accessing specific devices on your network.
- An Intrusion Detection System (IDS) that protects staff and guest Wi-Fi users. This shields your network from malicious or suspicious activity.
- Peer-to-peer access for guest Wi-Fi traffic is disabled to prevent your customers from accessing another user’s devices.
- The self-serve portal, which allows you to customize settings and restrict users from accessing
certain websites. Content filtering can be set at 4 different levels.
- Locally handled Wi-Fi traffic for your staff via the commercial-grade equipment. This way all your
security and access policies are applied to your employees’ devices seamlessly with no additional
Additional security to protect your devices
On top of the security measures included with Managed Wi-Fi, we have additional procedures for added protection. If a cyber attack targets Cogeco’s core network, security mechanisms act proactively to push back threats. The security built into our network will ensure the smooth operation of your business systems and applications.