A Guided Setup is performed whenever a new TiVo box is set up in order to connect the box to your home network. We might also ask you to perform a Repeat Guided Setup during troubleshooting, which forces the box to go through this setup again.
- To access the Repeat Guided Setup, go to TiVo Central > Menu > Help > Reset to Defaults > Repeat Guided Setup.
- You will be prompted to press Thumbs Down three times and then ENTER to proceed.
- Once on the welcome screen, use the arrows on your TiVo remote to choose your country.
- Select your preferred language.
- If the country showing is not Canada, select Change country and select Canada.
- If this for your Main DVR (TiVo T6 or ARRIS DCX900 4K), press ENTER for Advanced Options and select Installer Express Setup. If this is for one of your additional boxes, such as a TiVo Mini, press Select to Begin Guided Setup for Canada, which will take you to step 8.
- Ensure your correct Postal Code is listed, and update it if needed.
- Choose MoCA connection as your desired type of network connection.
- Select Continue.
- To get your IP Address, select Get automatically from a DHCP server (typical).
- Wait for all stages of the setup to be complete.
- Press Select to continue.
- Name your TiVo HD receiver by selecting from the list or by entering your own name.
- Press the TiVo button on your remote.
Please sign in to leave a comment.