This video shows the steps to complete the self-installation of your EPICO service
To set up EPICO with the self-install kit we sent you, follow the steps below, or download a copy of the instructions. What you’ll find in your box:
- EPICO 4K Cloud PVR
- EPICO remote with batteries
- HDMI cable
- Power cord
What you need before getting started:
- Your Cogeco Internet modem, already installed and functional, and the name and password of your Cogeco Wi-Fi network (see How do I install my Cogeco modem?).
- Your My Account username and password. If you still need to create a My Account profile with Cogeco, visit cogeco.ca/myaccount.
- Google account login information (email address and password).
- An Android phone (optional).
Step 1: Plug in your equipment
- Connect the EPICO 4K Cloud PVR to your TV with the HDMI cable.
- Connect the power cord to a power outlet and ensure that both the TV and PVR are powered on.
- Set your TV to the HDMI input.
Note: If the location of your modem allows it, we recommend that you use an Ethernet cable to physically connect your primary EPICO 4K Cloud PVR to the modem
Step 2: Set up your EPICO service
- Choose your preferred language.
- Pair your EPICO remote control with your EPICO 4K Cloud PVR by selecting PAIR. Make sure to firmly press the OK and 2 buttons at the same time, and hold for a few seconds to complete the pairing.
- Optimize the display area of your screen if necessary.
- Connect your PVR to your Wi-Fi. This can be done in one of two ways:
- Sign in using your Android phone by selecting CONTINUE and following the on-screen instructions. Select SKIP if you don’t have an Android phone or if you don’t want to set up your EPICO service using your Android phone.
- OR If you don’t have an Android phone, select your Cogeco Wi-Fi network and log in with your username and password on your TV.
- If you have access to both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Wi-Fi networks, we strongly recommend connecting to the 5Ghz network to ensure optimal performance of your EPICO service.
- Pair your EPICO remote control with your TV. This allows you to control your TV and the PVR with the same remote. Select BEGIN.
- Select SKIP if you don’t want to pair your remote with your TV. You can set up your remote control later via the user interface: Settings > Android TV Settings > Remotes & accessories > [choose your remote control] > TV/AVR Control
Step 3: Set up your accounts
This is where you’ll set up your Google services and sign into EPICO for the first time.
- Sign in using your Google email address. You will be able to connect only one Google account at a time.
- Note: If you used your Android phone during the previous step, you won’t see this screen.
- In order to use Google Assistant for voice commands and to access applications in the Google Play Store, you will need a Google account (see How to create a Google account below). You can always skip this step and sign up later, but until then, the results of your searches using your voice and the google applications will not be as effective.
- Accept the terms of service.
- You will be prompted to set up a variety of Google services: Location, Diagnostic information, Google Assistant, privacy and data sharing, etc.
- Choose a name for your TV. You can even personalize it.
- Cogeco has selected a few apps we think you might be interested in. You can choose to install them. The apps will be available under the Apps section in the EPICO main menu.
- Watch Google tutorials that walk you through the features.
- Sign in to the EPICO app with your Cogeco My Account username and password.
How to create a Google account
- Go to accounts.google.com.
- Select Create account.
- Complete the sign-up form.
- Choose your username and password.
Your Google account gives you the option to have a new Gmail address, as well as gives you access to cloud storage (Drive), Google apps, and all of EPICO’s great features.
Step 4: Test your internet connection on EPICO
You can test the quality of the Wi-Fi signal on Epico to confirm the stability of your setup for the best experience.
- Go to the Apps section of the EPICO Main Menu and select the Analiti icon. The quick test is performed automatically.
- Make sure you have green check marks for all types of video streams. If it's not the case:
- Find a more optimal location, 3 feet (90 cm) from the ground to install your modem or Wi-Fi Pods in order to ensure better Wi-Fi coverage.
- Move objects that could obstruct the signal.
- If you have more than one Internet access point (router or extender), turn Wi-Fi off and back on on those devices.
- Repeat the test to validate that the new location is better suited.
- For additional tips, refer to How can I optimize and strengthen my wireless home network?
Good to know: the maximum number of EPICO 4K Cloud PVRs you can install in your home is 12.
If you are having difficulties with your installation, feel free to call us at our Self-Install Support line to speak to an agent: 1-833-845-0064.