It’s easy to set up Internet and Wi-Fi with the Self-Install Kit we sent you. The kit includes:
- Your new modem
- An Ethernet cable
- A coaxial cable
- A power cord
Step 1: Before connecting your new modem
Write down your modem’s serial number and MAC (Media Access Control) address. You will need these numbers to activate your new equipment. They can be found on the sticker underneath or on the back of the modem.
Step 2: Connect your modem
To ensure the best possible signal strength, bring your new modem to a centralized location in your home (such as in a main floor living room). If possible, avoid placing your modem in a basement, near microwaves, inside closed cabinets or behind cement walls. Then, follow these steps:
- Locate an active and unused coaxial wall outlet.
- Connect the coaxial cable provided from the wall outlet to the cable connector at the rear of your modem. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
- Connect the power cord from the modem to an active wall power outlet. This will start the modem synchronization process.
Good to know: If you connect your modem to a power bar, please ensure that the power bar is always switched on
Step 3: Activate your modem
Once all the modem’s lights are on, it's time to get your Wi-Fi credentials. There are 2 ways to do this:
- Using the Ethernet cable provided, you can connect your computer to your modem to register for My Account online.
- You can use your mobile device to register for My Account.
Step 4: Get your Wi-Fi credentials
- Log in to My Account.
- Select Internet in the main menu.
- Select View my Wi-Fi settings.
Step 5: Connect your wireless device
You can now connect all your wireless devices. To learn how, refer to our Internet FAQs.