To install any model of secondary TiVo receiver, follow the steps below, or download a printable copy of the instructions. This includes a TiVo Mini, ARRIS DCX860 Smartbox, or eBOX.
Step 1: Remove your old equipment
Step 2: Test the Internet connection on your main TiVo PVR
Before activating your new TiVo Mini, you must first test the Internet connection on your main TiVo PVR.
- Turn on the TV connected to your main receiver, then press the TiVo button on the remote.
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Network Troubleshooting.
- Select Internet Connection.
- You'll see 3 check marks on your TV screen when the process is complete.
Step 3: Connect your TiVo Mini
- Connect the coaxial cable from your wall to the MoCA input of your TiVo Mini.
- Note: If you want to connect 2 devices to the same outlet, you can use the splitter we provided with the equipment. Learn more about using a splitter.
- Connect the HDMI output of the TiVo Mini to the HDMI input on your HDTV using the HDMI cable provided.
- Connect the power cord of the TiVo Mini to an active wall power outlet.
- Note the name of the HDMI input on your TV that is connected to the TiVo Mini (e.g. HDMI-1).
- Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV’s remote control and select the video input that connects your TV to your TiVo Mini. When you see the TiVo welcome screen, you're ready to start the activation process.
Note: You can also program your TiVo remote to control your TV.
Step 4: Activate your new TiVo Mini
After connecting your TiVo Mini to your TV, use your existing TiVo remote to follow the steps below:
- On the welcome screen, use the arrows on your TiVo remote to choose your country.
- Select your preferred language.
- Use the SELECT button to choose Begin Guided Setup for Canada.
- Choose MoCA connection as your desired type of network connection.
- Select Continue.
- To get your IP Address, select Get automatically from a DHCP server (typical).
- Wait for all stages of the setup to be complete.
- Select Continue.
- Name your TiVo Mini by selecting from the list or by entering your own name.
- Press the TiVo button on your remote.
Step 5: Return your old TiVo Mini
Learn how to return your equipment.
If you are having difficulties with your installation, feel free to call us at our Self-Install Support line to speak to an agent: 1-833-845-0064.