To install and activate the Cogeco Wi-Fi Pods, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Ensure your modem is active
Check that your modem is properly active. It’s normal that the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi indicators on your modem are not lit.
Good to know: Wi-Fi Pods nullify the username and password indicated on your modem.
Step 2 – Download and install the application
Download and install the Cogeco Wi-Fi app on your mobile device.
Step 3 – Register through the application
- Open the Cogeco Wi-Fi app on your mobile device.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter your My Account username and password.
- Don’t have a My Account profile? Create one today.
Good to know: You will need the app throughout the installation of the Wi-Fi Pods.
Step 4 – Set up the first Wi-Fi Pod
Follow the steps indicated in the app.
- Restart your modem.
- Connect one Wi-Fi Pod to your modem using the Ethernet cable included in the box.
- Plug the same Wi-Fi Pod into a power outlet.
The first Wi-Fi Pod must stay connected to your modem with an ethernet cable and plugged into a power outlet at all times.
Step 5 – Name your network and create a password
At this step, choose:
- your network name, and
- your password for logging in (at least eight characters long).
Good to know: You can use your current network name and password to avoid reconfiguring all the devices connected to your Wi-Fi. This is very useful if you have several devices connected to the Internet, such as mobile devices, tablets and smart home devices.
Step 6 – Set up the second Wi-Fi Pod
Once you have installed your first Wi-Fi Pod, you can install your second one wherever you think is optimal in your home.