Hosted PBX Unified Meeting provides audio and video conferencing over the internet, including web collaboration features such as screen sharing, whiteboard annotations, and presentation capabilities.
If you have set up Hosted PBX Unified Desktop with Hosted PBX Unified Meeting, you can invite any of your contacts to join you in a meeting, even if they do not have Hosted PBX Unified Desktop!
Find Your Password
You will need your Cogeco Hosted PBX Customer Portal user number and password to start using Hosted PBX Unified Desktop and Hosted PBX Unified Meeting. If you don’t have this information, call us on 1-855-494-5853.
Download and Install the Software
First, download Hosted PBX Unified Meeting for Desktop.
Once you have logged in, click on the Download link under Support (bottom right of the Portal interface) to download and install the Hosted PBX Unified Desktop app.
When prompted, save the file, then find the file in your downloads folder and open it to begin the installation process.
Set Up a Hosted PBX Unified Meeting
You can choose to start an instant meeting from Hosted PBX Unified Meeting for Desktop, from the Hosted PBX Customer Portal dashboard, or directly from your email client’s calendar.
Within Hosted PBX Unified Desktop, you can send a meeting invitation:
- Using the Hosted PBX Unified Desktop File menu
- From your Contacts list or while viewing a contact’s details
- While chatting to a contact using instant messaging
- When you are on a call
When you start a meeting, you are prompted to select the contacts you want to invite to join you in the meeting. You can then start the meeting and contacts can simply click on the invitation to join your meeting.
Schedule a Meeting
You can use Hosted PBX Unified Meeting to schedule a one-off or recurring meeting.
Select the Schedule a Meeting option from Hosted PBX Unified Desktop, from the Hosted PBX Customer Portal dashboard, or directly from your Outlook calendar to launch the Schedule a Meeting window. Here, you can set the date, time, and length of the meeting, and specify various other audio and video settings for the meeting.
Then click Schedule to open the meeting invitation and select the participants you want to invite to the meeting before sending the invite. The Hosted PBX Unified Meeting is added to the participant’s calendar.
Join a Meeting
You can join a Hosted PBX Unified Meeting by clicking on the on-screen invitation or by opening the Meeting URL in a browser.
Explore the Meeting Window
While a meeting is in progress, you will either see the participant toolbar or the host toolbar at the bottom of the Meeting window.
Set Up Your Audio
Use the Microphone icon to toggle your microphone on and off .
Click on the ‘Audio’ button to change your audio options.
- Select Join Audio to allow Hosted PBX Unified Meeting to use either your phone or your computer’s microphone and speaker.
- Select Leave Audio to prevent Hosted PBX Unified Meeting from using your speaker and audio device.
Use the Video icon to toggle your video on and off .
Access the Settings Menu
Click on the Settings button to access the Settings menu, where you can set up and test your microphone, speakers, and video. You can also use the Settings menu to specify where to save recorded meetings and to access additional application settings.
Invite Contacts to Join You in the Meeting
- Click on the arrow next to Participants and select Invite to bring up the invite window.
- From here you can send an email to the requested invitee, which includes the meeting invite link, or you can copy the link to send it manually.
View Meeting Participants
Click on the Participants button to see who has joined the meeting. You can access the following options from the Participant window.
The Raise Hand button lets the meeting host know you have something to say.
The Rename allows you to change your display name.
If you are the meeting host, click on Manage Participants to access the Participants window. Meeting hosts can use the following additional options to manage participants:
- Mute All, Unmute All, or Mute to mute a specific individual
- Lock Screen Share allows you to prevent meeting attendees from sharing their screen
- More allows you to access additional options, including:
- Mute on Entry - mute all attendees as they join the meeting
- Play Enter/Exit Chime - play a chime when a participant joins or leaves the meeting
- Lock/Unlock Meeting - no new attendees can join if the meeting is locked
The following icons provide additional information about each attendee:
- The participant is currently speaking
- The participant’s microphone is on
- The participant’s microphone is muted
- The participant’s video camera is on
- The participant’s video camera is off
- The participant has raised their hand
Share Your Screen
Click on the Share Screen icon and choose the desktop or individual application window that you want to share.
Note: The Share Screen option may not be visible if the meeting host has selected Lock Screen Share.
Once you are sharing your screen with meeting participants, you will see the Screen Share toolbar.
The Screen Share toolbar provides the following options:
- Pause/Resume screen sharing
- Share a New Window
- Annotate your shared screen using a variety of shapes and highlight tools, including:
- Draw options (lines, shapes, and arrows)
- Spotlight tool
- Eraser to remove selected annotations
- Undo, Redo and Clear annotation options
Note: The Annotate option may not be visible if the meeting host has selected to Disable Attendee Annotation.
- Mute - toggle your microphone on and off
- Stop/Start Video - toggle your video sharing on and off
- More - access Chat, Record, Settings, and Audio Conference options.
Click Stop Share to exit screen sharing.
Send a Message to Meeting Attendees
Click on the Chat icon to open a Chat window and send a message to another meeting attendee.
Click on the Save Chat button to save the conversation to your local computer.
Record Your Meeting
Click on Record to start recording the meeting.
Click Stop Recording to stop recording the meeting.
When the meeting ends, you will see a pop-up saying that the meeting recording is being saved and converted to mp4 format.
The directory containing the saved recording then automatically opens showing the recorded file, and the meeting will also appear in your list of recorded meetings within the Hosted PBX Unified Meeting application.
You can specify the location to save recorded meetings using the Settings menu.
Note: The Record option may not be visible if the meeting host has disabled recording for the meeting.
Leave the Meeting
Click on Leave Meeting to leave the meeting.
If you are the meeting host, click on End Meeting to end the meeting for all participants.
Additional Meeting Window Options
- Enter Full Screen extends the meeting display to a full-screen display.
- Exit Full Screen exits the full-screen display.
- Gallery View displays the video for all meeting participants.
- Speaker View displays the video for the current speaker.
Please sign in to leave a comment.