The WorkPass app provides three different zones on your network, each with a different level of security:
- Secure Wi-Fi zone - This is the most secure zone, used for devices that need to be separate from the rest of the system, such as security cameras. Ethernet-connected devices will be added to this zone.
- Employee Wi-Fi zone - This is the zone your employees’ devices will connect to, giving them access to the Internet and local devices. This will have a custom password for you to provide to employees.
- Guest Wi-Fi zone - This zone can be provided to your guests for access to the Internet only. Users accessing this zone will not require a password by default and will be directed to a customizable captive landing page.
Note: The Secure zone and Employee zone cannot have the same password.
Modifying Zone Names and Passwords
- Select the settings icon from the top right of the home screen.
- Select the zone you want to modify.
- Select the pencil icon next to the network name to rename it.
- Select the options icon next to the password and select Edit to change it or select Copy to copy it to your clipboard for sharing.
Good to know: The Guest Wi-Fi Zone has no password by default, but one can be added through the guest portal settings.
- Select Settings from the home screen.
- Select Guest Wi-Fi.
- Select Set up guest login portal.
- Select the Login options tab.
- Tap the toggle switch next to Connect with Passcode.
- Select the pencil icon to set a password.
- Select Publish.
Limiting Network Access for New Devices
With this option enabled, new devices connecting to the network will be limited to Internet access only until they are manually approved by the network administrator. This is recommended for the best Wi-Fi security. For steps to approve new devices, refer to How do I manage devices on the network?.
Please sign in to leave a comment.