A "hunt" message on the front display of your receiver indicates that the receiver is having trouble locating a frequency. If you receive this message, try the following:
Check for outages
Check the connections
- Check the coaxial cable going from the wall to the digital receiver and make sure the connections are finger-tight; do not use a wrench as this can damage the equipment.
- If the cable connects to any other equipment before your receiver, such as an audio system or splitter, try bypassing these and connecting directly to the receiver.
Reset your receiver
- First, reset your receiver by unplugging the power for 10 seconds and reconnecting.
- If this does not resolve the error, try a stronger reset through My Account:
- On My Account, go to the Equipment page.
- Look for your receiver's serial number under Current equipment.
- Select the Activate button.
- Keep in mind that after the reset, your guide will say "To be announced" for the next 30 minutes, and some channels may not work for the next 15 minutes.
If the ‘One Moment Please’ errors continue, please contact Technical Support.
what can i don if my digital receiver display shows "hunt"
pvr says hunt
when im waiting for my cogeco digital receiver to activate the word hunt came up on the reciever. what does this mean
cable box displaying "hunt" message, how to fix
message hunt decodeur
hunt error message
why does my cable box say hunt?
receiver says hunt
dvr says hunt
cogeco box says hunt