It’s easy to install your phone modem with the Self-Install Kit we sent you. The kit includes:
- Your new phone modem
- An Ethernet cable
- A coaxial cable
- A power cord
Step 1: Connect your new modem
- Place your new modem in a centralized space in your home for the best possible Wi-Fi coverage.
- Connect the coaxial cable provided from the wall outlet to the cable connector at the rear of your modem. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
- Connect the power cord from the modem to an active wall power outlet. This will start the modem synchronization process.
- Connect a telephone wire from the base of your phone to the jack on the back of the modem labelled Tel 1. If you subscribe to 2 telephone lines, you may attach a second telephone to the Tel 2 phone jack.
Good to know: If you connect your modem to a power bar, ensure that the power bar is always switched on.
Step 2: Obtain your phone number
Dial 21# from your Cogeco phone and a message will play that will provide you with your phone number.
Step 3: Get your Wi-Fi credentials
Once all the modem’s lights are on, it's time to get your Wi-Fi credentials.
- If you are using one of Cogeco’s latest modems (ARRIS TG3452 or Hitron CODA-4589) consult the sticker located on the back of the modem.
- For all other modems, the credentials can be found in My Account on the Equipment page.
- If you're using Cogeco Wi-Fi Pods, the SSID and password are controlled through the Cogeco Wi-Fi App. Go to the Access tab to view networks and passwords.
- For more information, please refer to Where can I find my default network name and Wi-Fi password?
Step 4: Connect your wireless devices
You can now connect all your wireless devices. To learn how, refer to our Internet FAQs.