It’s easy to replace your modem with the Self-Install Kit we sent you. The kit includes:
Step 1: Remove your old equipment
If you are replacing an existing modem that has a security sleeve on the coaxial cable, please follow these instructions for using the unlocking tool to disconnect the coaxial cable from the modem.
- Align the unlocking tool with the cable.
- Push tool down towards security sleeve until firmly connected.
- Using the tool handle, rotate counterclockwise until the cable is separated from the modem.
- Remove the security sleeve.
Step 2: Connect your new modem
- Place your new modem in the same location as your old one.
- Connect the coaxial cable provided from the wall outlet to the cable connector at the rear of your modem. Hand-tighten the connectors to avoid damaging them.
- Connect the power cord from the modem to an active wall power outlet. This will start the modem synchronization process. Please wait 15 to 20 minutes to get online.
Good to know: If you connect your modem to a power bar, ensure that the power bar is always switched on.
Step 3: Get your Wi-Fi credentials
If you are using one of Cogeco’s newer modems, please refer to the sticker located on the back or bottom of your equipment. Your default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password can be found there.
For all other modems, you will find your default network name (SSID) and Wi-Fi password by simply following these steps:
- Log in to My Account. Using the Ethernet cable provided, you can connect your computer to your modem to connect to My Account online.
- Select Equipment from the side menu.
- Select View my Wi-Fi settings.
Step 4: Test your installation
Connect to your Wi-Fi network with a mobile device using your default Wi-Fi credentials.
If you are not online, try moving your modem to another coaxial outlet in your home and repeat step 2.
After your installation, you will receive a text message from Cogeco confirming your installation quality level. If the signal is not good, try to tighten the coaxial cable at the back of your modem and at the outlet.
Step 5: Connect your wireless devices
You can now connect all your wireless devices. To learn how, refer to our Internet FAQs.
Step 6: Return your old modem
Learn how to return your equipment.
changement de modem
changer mon modem
changing the modem
replace bad modem
replace internet modem