Your TiVo® remote can easily be programmed to control your TV power, input, and volume by following the on-screen instructions.
Programming your TiVo remote
- Press the TiVo Central button on your remote.
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Remote, CableCARD & Devices.
- Select Remote Control Setup.
- Select the function you want to enable.
- Set TV Power, Volume, and Mute
- Set TV Input
- Set A/V Volume and Mute (only needed if your audio goes through a separate audio system)
- Select the brand of your device from the list.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to input and save your device code
Wake with TiVo button (HDMI-CEC)
HDMI-CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) takes controlling your devices one step further by turning your TV on and switching it to the correct input automatically when you press the TiVo button. Simply enable the Wake with TiVo button option in the Remote Control Setup menu.