To block your name and number from being displayed when you make a call, follow these steps:
- Dial *67.
- Listen for 3 beeps.
- Dial the number you want to reach.
After following these steps, the person you're calling will see “Private Name/Private Number” on their phone display. This feature, called Call Display Blocking, is offered free for Cogeco customers.
Good to know: Under certain circumstances, Call Display Blocking may not work. These circumstances include:
- When calling customer service
- When calling toll-free numbers
- When placing a collect call
- When calling someone who uses a phone company that doesn’t adhere to the privacy laws in Canada or the United States
- Want to permanently block your Call Display? This can be done with Call Display Permanently Blocked.
- Want to block someone from calling you? This can be done with Call Screening.
- Long Learn more about calling features.