If you’ve forgotten the password you assigned to your wireless home network, you’ll need to reset your Wi-Fi credentials by restoring your modem to its default settings.
Good to know:
- If you're using Cogeco Wi-Fi Pods, the SSID and password will be updated through the Cogeco Wi-Fi App. Go to the Access tab to view networks and reset passwords.
- If you haven't assigned a unique network name (SSID) and password, it should still be using the default credentials, which can be found below (see CODA-4589 or TG3452, or other models).
To restore default settings:
- On the back of the modem, there’s either a button located near the coaxial input or a hole located near the left side, depending on the model. Press and hold this button for about 15 seconds using a pin or toothpick if needed. This will perform a factory reset of the modem.
- Your wireless network can now be found under its default name (SSID) and password. See below for steps to find the default credentials on a CODA-4589 (Hitron) or TG3452 (ARRIS), or to look them up on My Account for other models.
- If you want to change back to a unique SSID and password, you can do so by following these steps.
Default credentials for CODA-4589 (Hitron) or a TG3452 (ARRIS)
You will find your original password and Wi-Fi network name on the sticker on the back or bottom of your equipment.
Default credentials for other models
The easiest place to find your default Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password is in My Account.
- Log in to My Account.
- Select Equipment.
Don’t have a My Account profile yet?