If you’re having trouble getting online and you’re using a third-party router, the problem could be with the router. A couple of common issues are as follows:
- The router isn’t properly synchronized with your modem
- There’s an internal problem with the router
We recommend you try resetting your router by following these steps:
- Shut down all the computers in your home or business.
- Unplug your router from the wall outlet to remove its power source.
- Reset your Cogeco modem by inserting a straightened paperclip into the “reset” or “reboot” hole located on the back of the modem. Press the paperclip in for 3 seconds, then release.
- Wait a minute, plug your router back into the wall, then wait another minute.
- Turn your computers back on and try connecting to the Internet.
Please sign in to leave a comment.