You can set up your standard-definition (SD) receiver in 2 easy-to-follow steps:
Step 1: Connect your new SD receiver
- Connect the coaxial cable from your wall to the CABLE/RF-IN input of your SD receiver.
- Connect the new power supply from the receiver to an active wall outlet.
- Connect the other supplied coaxial cable from the TO TV/VCR (RF-OUT) output of the digital receiver to the CABLE/RF-IN input of your TV.
- Alternatively, you can connect the RCA output of the digital receiver to the RCA input of your TV using your own RCA cable (not supplied by Cogeco).
- Note the name of the coaxial or RCA input on your TV that is connected to the digital receiver (e.g. VIDEO-1, TV/CABLE or ANTENNA). Input names may vary by TV. If required, check your TV manual for more information.
Step 2: Confirm your receiver has activated
- Once your box is connected to coax and power, it will automatically start the initialization process. This process could take up to 30 minutes to complete. Your receiver will shut down automatically following completion.
- Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV’s remote control and select the video input that connects your TV to the digital receiver (e.g. VIDEO-1, TV/CABLE or ANTENNA).
- Note: If you are using the coaxial cables, your TV will also need to be on channel 3.
- Turn your receiver on by pressing the CBL button followed by the PWR button on your Cogeco remote control.
- Select a channel you subscribe to using your Cogeco remote control. You will know that your receiver is activated when programming is displayed on your TV screen.
If the box did not activate successfully, follow these steps:
- Log in to My Account.
- Select Equipment.
- Locate your receiver under Current equipment.
- Select the Activate button, and a signal will be sent to your receiver.
Don't have a My Account profile yet? Create one today.
If programming is still not being displayed, please contact us.
Good to know:
- The programming guide and menus will become available in the hour following activation.
- Cogeco On Demand will be available as soon as you can access the programming guide and menus.
- You can easily program your remote with your TV. Find out how to program your remote here.