To replace your TiVo® HD receiver, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Remove your old equipment
Step 2: Test the Internet connection on your main TiVo PVR
Before activating your new TiVo HD receiver, you must first test the Internet connection on your main TiVo PVR.
- Turn on the TV connected to your main receiver, then press the TiVo button on the remote.
- Select Menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Network Settings.
- Select Network Troubleshooting.
- Select Internet Connection.
- Please wait while Cogeco tests your Internet connection.
- You will see 3 check marks on your TV screen when the process is complete.
Step 3: Connect your TiVo HD receiver
- Connect the coaxial cable from your wall to the MoCA input of your TiVo HD receiver.
- Connect the HDMI output of the TiVo HD receiver to the HDMI input on your HDTV using the HDMI cable provided.
- Connect the power cord of the TiVo HD receiver to an active wall power outlet.
- Note the name of the HDMI input on your TV that is connected to the TiVo HD receiver (e.g. HDMI-1).
- Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV’s remote control and select the video input that connects your TV to your TiVo HD receiver. When you see the TiVo welcome screen, you are ready to start the activation process.
Note: To program your TiVo remote to control your TV, refer to the FAQ How do use the TiVo remote to its full potential?
Step 4: Activate your new TiVo HD receiver
After connecting your TiVo HD receiver to your TV, use your existing TiVo remote to follow the steps below:
- Once on the welcome screen, use the arrows on your TiVo remote to choose your country.
- Select your preferred language.
- Use the SELECT button to choose Begin Guided Setup for Canada.
- Choose MoCA connection as your desired type of network connection.
- Select Continue.
- To get your IP Address, select Get automatically from a DHCP server (typical).
- Wait for all stages of the setup to be complete.
- Select Continue.
- Name your TiVo HD receiver by selecting from the list or by entering your own name.
- Press the TiVo button on your remote.
If the TiVo programming guide does not appear following activation, contact technical support.
Step 5: Return your old TiVo HD receiver
Learn how to return your equipment.