In the event of a power outage, your telephone service will not work unless there is a battery back-up with the Phone Equipment.
- The battery allows your telephone service to function during a power outage, including calls to 911 and connected alarm systems.
- A fully charged battery can last between 4 to 8 hours depending on usage.
- Cordless phones will not function during a power outage.
Good to know:
- Phone equipment models ARRIS TG3452 and Hitron CODA-4589, and our fibre optic gateway F@st 5681V, do not include a backup battery; batteries are sold separately, or customers can purchase an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) from a third party. It is the customer's responsibility to replace the battery when necessary.
- If your gateway connects to other networking equipment, such as a router or switch, that device would also need to be connected to a UPS for phone service to work during a power outage.
does cogeco phone work during a power outage
battery backup included
when is battery back up included
battery on my modem isnt working
how much does a battery cost for modem
battery on my arris tg862: modem isnt working