You can replace your high-definition (HD) receiver in 3 easy-to-follow steps:
Step 1: Remove your old equipment
- Disconnect your existing receiver. Begin by unplugging the coaxial cable from the back of the receiver.
- Unplug the power supply from the electrical outlet and from the back of the receiver.
- Unplug the cables connecting the receiver to the TV.
Step 2: Connect your new HD receiver
- Connect the coaxial cable from your wall to the CABLE IN input of your HD receiver.
- Connect the new power supply from the HD receiver to an active wall power outlet.
- Connect the HDMI output of the HD receiver to the HDMI input on your HDTV using the supplied HDMI cable.
- Note the name of the HDMI input on your TV that’s connected to the HD receiver (e.g. HDMI-1). Input names may vary by TV. If required, check your TV manual for more information.
Step 3: Activate your HD receiver
- Press the INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV's remote control and select the video input that connects your TV to your HD receiver (e.g. HDMI-1).
While you’re selecting the correct video input, the receiver will automatically start the initialization process. This process could take up to 30 minutes to complete. Your receiver will shut down automatically following completion.
- Turn on your receiver by pressing the CBL button followed by the PWR button on your Cogeco remote control.
- Select channel 505 (in Québec) or 701 (in Ontario) using your Cogeco remote control. You will know that your receiver is activated when the channel programming is displayed on your TV screen.
If channel 505 is not displaying programming, follow these steps:
- Log in to My Account.
- Select TV.
- Select View my equipment.
- Locate the equipment you need to activate from the list, then select the Activate/Reactivate button, and a signal will be sent to your receiver.
Don't have a My Account profile yet? Create one today.
If programming is still not being displayed, please contact us.
Step 4: Return your old receiver
Learn how to return your equipment.
Good to know:
- The programming guide and menus will become available in the hour following activation.
- Cogeco On Demand will be available as soon as you can access the programming guide and menus.
- To access other devices (e.g. your DVD player), be sure to choose the correct INPUT or SOURCE button on your TV's remote control. To access your HD receiver, select the video input that corresponds to your connection.
- You can easily program your remote with your TV. Check out our FAQ on how to program your remote with your TV.
- You may also change your channel selection through My Account. Visit cogeco.ca/myaccount for details.