To install and activate your Cogeco Wi-Fi Pods, follow the steps below. You can also download and print these instructions.
Step 1 – Ensure your modem is active
Check that your Cogeco modem is online. If you haven’t installed your modem yet, visit our installation guides.
Step 2 – Download the Cogeco Wi-Fi app and log in
- Download and install the Cogeco Wi-Fi app on your mobile device (available for free from the iOS App Store or Google Play Store).
- Log in with your My Account username and password.
- Don’t have a My Account profile? Register here.
Step 3 – Follow the setup instructions in the app
Once you’re logged in, you can set up your network in a few easy steps:
- Confirm that your modem is online.
- Depending on your modem model, it may need to be connected to the first pod with an Ethernet cable. If it tells you to do this in the app, do not disconnect the pod after the installation.
- Enter a name and password for your Wi-Fi network.
- If you have an existing Wi-Fi network, we recommend using the same name and password so that your devices will connect to it seamlessly. If you choose to use a new name and password, make sure all of your devices are connected to it so they don’t lose service when the old network is disabled.
- You can set up additional passwords for different levels of access after the installation. Learn more about managing your network name and password.
- Connect your Cogeco Wi-Fi Pods to power outlets and check the app to confirm that they all come online. The app will already know how many pods were sent to you and will show you when each one comes online.
- Note: When the pods are first connected, it’s normal for the signal to be Poor. As the app optimizes your mesh network over the next 24 hours, the signal will improve.
- Learn more about optimal pod placement.
Getting help installing your pods
If you’re having trouble installing your pods, feel free to call our self-install support line to speak with a local rep: 1-833-845-0064 (Ontario) or 1-800-695-9885 (Quebec).